With over 226 hectares, Albert Park offers plenty of space for you to walk, play and relax with your dog.
Albert Park is mainly an on-lead park but there are some designated off-lead areas where you can give your dog a good run. Dogs are permitted in most of the park, but must be kept on a lead in some areas and kept out of dog exclusion areas (including the lake and the playgrounds).
How to get there
Dog Walking at Albert Park
Need to know
Dog Walking at Albert Park
Change of Conditions
Nature being nature, sometimes conditions can change at short notice. It’s a good idea to check this page ahead of your visit for any updates.
Community Playground (Albert Park)
Community Playground Fire - Partial Closure to Wooden StructureThere is a partial closure of the wooden structure due to fire damage. The closed section is not safe for use until further notice.
Notices Affecting Multiple Sites
Parking fees - CPI Increase 1st August 2022There will be a CPI price increase to parking fees on 1st August 2022. Each financial year the treasurer, Department of Treasury and Finance sets the CPI increase applicable to fees and charges from 1st July each year.The new parking fees from 1st August 2022 are:
Parking permits will continue to be available for park businesses and members of Albert Park tenant clubs. New permit fees will commence on 1st September 2021:
- Weekday hourly rate: $5.60 per hour (previously $5.50 per hour)
- Weekdays 5pm to 9pm flat rate: $5.60 (previously $5.50)
- Weekday maximum all day rate: $13.40 per day (previously $13.20 per day)
- Weekends flat rate fee: $5.60 per day (previously $5.50 per day)
*Concession prices are available for eligible concession cardholders including Centrelink Health Care Card, Centrelink Pensioner Card, Veterans Affairs Gold Card for All Conditions, Veterans Affairs Gold Card War Widow, Veterans Affairs Gold Card TPI and Veterans Affairs Gold card POW and EDA.The net revenue from parking fees will continue to be reinvested back into Albert Park Reserve services and facilities and the sports and recreation club grant program.To provide feedback on the Albert Park Reserve parking fees email email@example.com
- Sports Club Permit – 6 months: $35.50 (previously $34.70)
- Sports Club Permit– 6 months concession*: $17.80 (previously $17.35)
- Sports Club Permit – 12 months: $70.90 (previously $69.70)
- Sports Club Permit – 12 months concession*: $35.50 (previously $34.85)
- Junior Sports Club Permit – 12 months: $17.60 (previously $17.30)
- Tenant permit – 3 months: $220.60 (previously $216.80)
- Tradespersons permit – 7 days: $25.80 (previously $25.40)
Discover the beauty of Victoria’s premier cool-climate botanic garden from the comfort of the open-air bus. Enjoy live commentary and stunning views as you wind your way through the picturesque landscapes of this 100-acre garden.
Walk, run or cycle this popular trail, which weaves among native vegetation around the picturesque Lysterfield Lake. You're almost guaranteed to see kangaroos and other wildlife along the way.
Round up your dog, grab the lead and visit dog-friendly parks near Melbourne and across Victoria.
The park's best known geological feature is Dights Falls. Dights Falls is an artificial weir built on a natural rock bar across the Yarra. The weir was built in the 1840s to provide water to the 'Ceres' flour mill, one of the first in Victoria