Jells Park all abilities nature based playspace
A new nature-based all-abilities playspace is coming to Jells Park! A $3 million investment will create a playspace that will spark imaginations and encourage active play and include a changing places toilet in the playspace precinct.
Project duration & key dates
Works commence – mid 2020
Works complete – late 2020
Community consultation – September 2017. We spoke to the community who use Jells Park and found their ideas for improvements included a want for nature-based, adventure opportunities that would be attractive for all ages.
Sport and Recreation Victoria
What is being built
- A new nature-based playspace that will cater for all abilities and a range of age groups
- A changing places toilet will be constructed within the playspace precinct
- The playspace will be built on Yabbie Hill, near to Madeline’s Cafe
What will happen to the existing play structure?
- At the end of the structures design life, this will be dismantled and removed
- This area will be repurposed as a picnic area with picnic benches and a BBQ
One of our most popular urban parks, Jells Park sits within the catchment of the Dandenong Creek, at the foot of the Dandenong Ranges in Melbourne’s east.
Related itemsPlaces to see – Jells Park