Rye Pier Upgrades
Project duration and key dates
Works commence - February 2020 - currently underway
In December 2019 the old lower landing was removed.
Piling works are currently occurring, and the new lower landing and scuba diving platform have been pre-fabricated off site and will be installed once piling has been completed.
Works complete - April 2020
as part of the state governments Better Recreational Facilities program
Department of Transport
Works will include
• A new lower landing
• A new Disability Discrimination Act compliant ramp linking the pier to the lower landing
• A new scuba and snorkel dive platform from the new lower landing
• Accommodation for additional vessel berthing
Access to the pier
• During construction access to the pier will be restricted
• Construction works have been planned to minimise disruptions to visitors over the summer period
Alternate locations for fishing include the Rosebud and Mornington piers.