Declaration of boating activity exemption - Life Saving Victoria Carnival - Nov to Dec 2021
Date/time of event:
- Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1 to 4 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from items 1 to 4 for the duration of the event.
- Masters of all vessels are only exempt from item 5 for the duration of the relevant event.
- *Competitors and rescue vessels are only exempt from items 7 & 8 during events, if held at back up location Point Leo Surf Beach
- Masters of personal watercraft (Jet Ski's) rescue vessels are only exempt from item 6 for the duration of the event, and items 9 & 11 when retrieving or rescuing a person without a PFD from the water.
- Masters of IRB rescue vessels and personal watercraft (Jet Ski's) involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event.
- Should vessels or persons not involved in the event come within 50 meters of the Exclusion Zone, the exemptions will be automatically suspended until the vessel or person has moved outside of the area
- Mechanically powered LSV vessels are exempt from the carriage of specified safety equipment as per the Exemptions for Life Saving Victoria vessels in Exemption Notice 1, whilst operating within visual range of a staffed lifesaving facility.
- Operators and occupants of vessels propelled by paddle or oar are exempt from PFD wearing requirements and the carriage of specified safety equipment whilst within visual range of a staffed lifesaving facility or flagged area, as per the Exemptions for Life Saving Victoria vessels in Exemption Notice 1.
- The exemptions apply from for the times, dates, locations and events specified in Table 1 below
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
|Day||Date||Time||Locations||Back up location||Event|
|Saturday||20 Nov 2021||6:30am – 5:00pm||Mt Martha||Point Leo Surf Beach||LSV Senior Swim Carnival|
|Sunday||21 Nov 2021||6:30am – 5:00pm||Mt Martha||Junior LSV Carnival|
|Sunday||12 Dec 2021||6:30am – 5:00pm||Mornington||LSV Senior Swim Carnival|
By order of Parks Victoria