Parks Victoria publishes public notices where relevant, including information regarding leases and boating and waterway activity exemptions.
Declaration of boating activity exemption - Seacraft Syndicate Boat Owners Club Carrum Regatta 2021-2022
Seacraft Syndicate Boat Owners Club Carrum Regatta
Date/time of event:
8:30 am to 6:00 pm on 12 December 2021 and 20 March 2022
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Patterson River, upstream of the Nepean Highway Bridge to Eumemmering Creek (including the National Water Sports Centre (NWSC)), makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Seacraft Syndicate Boat Owners Club, persons and vessels involved in the Seacraft Syndicate Boat Owners Club Carrum Regatta are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
- Clause 2(a) – 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water;
- Clause 2(c) – 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel;
- Clause 3(a) – 5 knots within 50 metres of the waters’ edge;
- Clause 3(b) – 5 knots within 50 metres of a fixed or floating structure.
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- The masters of competing vessels are only exempt from items 1-4 for the duration of the events, provided they do not exceed 5 knots within 30 metres of another competing vessel or their skier or the waters’ edge.
- The masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1-4 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Occupants of powered vessels used in conjunction with the event must wear a person flotation device at all times during the event.
- These exemptions apply from 8:30am to 6:00pm on 12 December 2021 and 20 March 2022 to persons and vessels participating in the Seacraft Syndicate Boat Owners Club Carrum Regatta events on the waters of the NWSC, provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By order of Parks Victoria