Parks Victoria publishes public notices where relevant, including information regarding leases and boating and waterway activity exemptions.
Declaration of boating activity exemption - Brighton Life Saving Club Bathing Box Classic
BLSC Bathing Box Classic
Date/time of event:
6 February 2022
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Local Port of Port Phillip, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Brighton Life Saving Club Inc (BLSC), persons and vessels involved in the BLSC Bathing Box Classic are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of a person in the water
2. Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of another vessel
3. Clause 4(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 200 meters of the water’s edge
Waterway Rules made under the Marine Safety Act 2010
4. Clause 1.1.7 of Schedule 1 - 5 knot speed restriction within 200 metres of the water’s edge – North East Port Phillip
5. Clause 1.1.9(f) of Schedule 1 – Area prohibited to vessels at Brighton Beach (south of BLSC)
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
• Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1-4 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore, and item 5 for the duration of
• Occupants of powered rescue vessels involved with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times during the event.
• The exemptions apply from 6.00am to 2.00pm on 6 February 2022 within the waters of set aside area for the event at Brighton Beach.
• The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By order of Parks Victoria