Declaration of boating exemption - University of Melbourne
Date/time of event:
- Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from 2 to 7 in the above list when competing in the event
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from item 1 to 6 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Occupants of rescue and official vessels must wear a personal floatation device at all times and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- The exemptions apply from 6:45am to 11:30am on Saturday 7 May 20212 within the exclusion zone waters – Yarra River between a straight line from the upstream edge of the VRA landing across to the Northern Bank extending to the upstream edge of Church Street Bridge.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By order of Parks Victoria