Parks Victoria publishes public notices where relevant, including information regarding leases and boating and waterway activity exemptions.
Declaration of boating activity exemption - 2022 Paddle Victoria Marathon Club Series Race 4
2022 Paddle Victoria Marathon Club Series Race 4
Date/time of event:
10.00 am to 1.00 pm Sunday 15 May 2022
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Yarra River upstream of the port waters of the Port of Melbourne, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Paddle Victoria, persons and vessels involved in the 2022 Paddle Victoria Marathon Club Series Race 4 are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water;
2. Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel;
3. Clause 3(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of the water’s edge;
4. Clause 3(b) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a fixed or floating structure;
Waterway Rules made under the Marine Safety Act 2010 / Marine Act 1988
5. Clause 3.1 of Schedule 3 – 5 knot speed restriction on the Yarra River;
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from item 1 to 5 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Competitors are only exempt from items 2 to 5 when competing in the events
- All occupants of vessels involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment
- The exemptions apply from 10:00am to 1:00pm on Sunday 15th May 2022.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By order of Parks Victoria