DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for Maribyrnong River upstream of Shepherds Bridge on Footscray Road, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Footscray Canoe Club, persons and vessels involved in the Salty Single Bladder 2022 are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of a person in the water;
2. Clause 2(c) - must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of another vessel;
3. Clause 3(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of the water’s edge;
4. Clause 3(b) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a fixed or floating structure
Waterway Rules made under the Marine Safety Act 2010 / Marine Act 1988
5. Clause 4.1 of Schedule 4 – 5 knot speed restriction on the Maribyrnong River
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
• Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from 1 to 5 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety
• Competitors are only exempt from 2 to 5 when competing in the event.
• All occupants of vessels involved with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
• The exemptions apply from 7.00am to 4.30pm on Sunday 31st July 2022
• The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.