Parks Victoria publishes public notices where relevant, including information regarding leases and boating and waterway activity exemptions.
Declaration of Boating Activity Exemption
Pink Paddle Regatta
Date/time of event:
03rd December 2022 9:00am- 4:00pm
Yarra River upstream of the port waters of port of melbourne
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Yarra River upstream of the port waters of the Port of Melbourne, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Dragon Boat Victoria, persons and vessels involved in the Pink Paddle Power Regatta are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water
2. Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel
3. Clause 3(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of the water’s edge
4. Clause 3(b) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a fixed or floating structure
5. Clause 3.1 of Schedule 3 – 5 knot speed restriction on waters of the Yarra River
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
· Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from item 1 to 5 provided they do not exceed the speed of a competing Dragon boat, unless undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
· Competitors are only exempt from items 2 to 5 when competing in the events.
· All participants involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times
· Occupants of mechanically powered vessels involved with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment, including rescue vessels.
· The exemptions apply from 09:00am to 4:00pm on 3 December 2022 on the waters of the Yarra River, Victoria Harbour.
· The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By Order of Parks Victoria
By order of Parks Victoria