Parks Victoria publishes public notices where relevant, including information regarding leases and boating and waterway activity exemptions.
Public notice declaration of boating activity exemption
BOWS 10km swim
Date/time of event:
08th January 2023 (back up date 15th January 2023) 7:00am - 11:00am
Half Moon Bay
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Local Port of Port Phillip, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Black Rock Yacht Club, persons and vessels involved in the Bows 10km swim are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water
2. Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel
3. Clause 4(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 200 metres of the water’s edge
4. Clause 1.1.7 of Schedule 1 – 5 knot speed restrictions - NE Port Phillip within 200 metres of the water’s edge
5. Clause 1.1.9(i) of Schedule 1 – areas prohibited to vessels at Half Moon Bay
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
· Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from item 1 to 4 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
· Masters of all vessels are only exempt from item 5 for the duration of the event.
· All participants on vessels involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
· The exemptions apply from 7.00am to 11.00am on Sunday 8th January 2023 and back up date of 15th January 2023 to persons and vessels participating in the BOWS 10km swim within the waters of Half Moon Bay.
· The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By Order of Parks Victoria
By order of Parks Victoria