Declaration of boating activity exemption - Rowing Victoria NWSC Regattas 2021-22
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for Patterson River, upstream of the Nepean Highway Bridge to Eumemmering Creek including the National Water Sports Centre (NWSC), makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Rowing Victoria, persons and vessels involved in the NWSC regattas detailed in Table 1 are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of a person in the water
2. Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of another vessel
3. Clause 3(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of the water’s edge
4. Clause 3(b) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of a fixed or floating structure
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1 to 4 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Competitors are only exempt from items 2 to 3 when competing in the events.
- The masters of all participating vessels are only exempt from item 3 provided they do not exceed 5 knots within 10 metres of the waters’ edge.
- Occupants of powered vessels involved with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- The event is operating under the auspices of Rowing Victoria, including the Rowing Victoria Safety Management Plan, which meets the criteria of Clause 3 of Exemption Notice 1 in respect of the exemption for rowing vessels to not carry or wear a personal flotation device.
- The exemptions apply to the times, dates and events as specified in Table 1 below.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
Table 1 – 2021-22 Rowing Victoria NWSC Dates
NTT#2 & RV Junior School Regatta
|Saturday||16||October||6:00am – 5:00pm|
2021 RV School Regatta - RV
|Saturday||6||November||6:00am – 5:00pm|
|Saturday||13||November||6:00am – 11:00am|
2021 RV School Regatta 2 - RV
|Saturday||27||November||6:00am – 5:00pm|
|Sunday||28||November||6:00am – 5:00pm|
2021 RV Schools Regatta 2 – RV- St Kevins
|Saturday||4||December||6:00am – 5:00pm|
|Saturday||11||December||6:00am – 11:00am|
RV Junior Boys State Championship
|Saturday||5||March||6:00am – 5:00pm|
Carrum Masters Regatta
|Saturday||9||April||6:00am – 5:00pm|
For and on behalf of Parks Victoria