Declaration of boating activity exemption - Victorian Canoe Marathon Winter Series Race 4 2021
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Local Port of Port Phillip makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Paddle Victoria, persons and vessels involved in the Victorian Canoe Marathon Winter Series Race 4 are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of a person in the water.
2. Clause 2(c) must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of another vessel.
3. Clause 4(a) must not exceed 5 knots within 200 meters of the waters’ edge.
4. Clause 4(b) must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of a wharf, jetty, slipway, diving platform or boat ramp.
Waterway Rules made under the Marine Safety Act 2010 / Marine Act 1988
5. Clause 1.2.7(b) of Schedule 1 - 5 knot speed restriction zone on all the waters of Patterson River including Patterson Lakes
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from item 1 to 5 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Competitors are only exempt from items 2 to 5 when competing in the events
- All occupants of vessels involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment
- The exemptions apply from 7:00am to 2:00pm on 18th July 2021.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to
By order of Parks Victoria