Tidal River summer ballot
Applications for the 2022-23 summer ballot are now closed.
How to apply
• What is the ballot?
• How does it work?
• Before you start
• Select the right ballot
• Fill out the application
• Making group bookings (optional)
• Applying for concession rates (campsites only)
• Completing your application
• Where do I go for extra assistance?
Due to the high demand for camping and accommodation at Tidal River during summer school holidays, a ballot system is run to allow all applicants an equal chance of reserving camping and accommodation during this popular period.
The ballot is a random computer selection. The allocation is based on where your application is situated in the randomised queue and the remaining availability that matches your preferences.
To enter the ballot customers complete the online application any time between 9am, 1 July – 9am, 15 July 2022. The ballot will be drawn after applications close on 15 July 2022 and applicants will be notified of the results via email during late July/early August.
Review the ballot details such as dates, prices and booking conditions.
You cannot return to complete an application so if you are booking campsites for a group, make sure you have all the contact details and preferences for everyone in your group before commencing.
There are separate applications for each date range available.
You can apply for a maximum of 2 weeks for camping and 1 week for roofed accommodation. Camping bookings are in 1 or 2 week blocks and accommodation bookings range from 4 days to 1 week, depending on the accommodation you choose. The dates are listed here.
To enter the ballot, click ‘Apply now’ next to the date of your choice. The application will automatically default to the date and number of nights you have selected.
When completing the application you will have the option to select a second date preference.
• Ensure that you enter a value into all fields marked with a *. These fields are compulsory, and you will not be able to continue unless all contain a value.
• If you are completing a group application, ensure that you include specific contact details for each site you are applying for.
• It is advised that when applying for campsites, that the smallest campsite suitable is selected. This will increase your chance of being successful in being allocated a site.
• Enter any additional information into the Guest notes box. E.g. If you are entering multiple ballots but would like one application to be preferred.
• Accept the Terms & Conditions by selecting the checkbox. Make sure you have read and understand the Terms and Conditions and have read the cancellation and transfer policies.
Group applications can be made by adding additional campsite requests to your cart after you complete your initial site request.
Once you have entered all details for your initial site request select the 'Add item to cart' button to add the item to your cart and return to the home screen where you can request an additional site.
You can apply for up to 10 sites but each additional site must have a different contact name listed. Ensure you complete the contact and site preference details for each additional site. Sites cannot be allocated without all the information for each individual site.
A 10 per cent discount applies to the base price of powered and unpowered campsites for holders of eligible means-tested concession cards. Eligible cards include:
• Centrelink Health Care Card
• Centrelink Pensioner Concession card
• Veterans Affairs Gold Card for All Conditions
• Veterans Affairs Gold Card War Widow
• Veterans Affairs Gold Card TPI
• Veterans Affairs Gold card POW & EDA
To claim the concession discount the concession card holder must be the named person for the site.
Customers requesting concession rates must be able to produce a valid concession card upon request.
For group bookings, the concession discount only applies to the site occupied by the concession card holder. You must request a concession rate for each individual site request where the discount is to be applied.
Payment details are required to submit an application. Should your application be successful payment will be automatically debited via our secure payment gateway. Please ensure you have sufficient funds during the application period, declined payments may result in your application being cancelled.
Review the details of your application to ensure all information is correct.
Enter your contact and payment details in the fields provided and click ‘Finalise’.
Once your application has been submitted you will receive an email confirmation and itinerary/reference number.